We invite our subscribers to enjoy all the features this site has to offer. But we must require that each subscriber abide by certain rules so that no one's rights are stepped on.
Failure to abide by these rules can result in immediate termination of access to this site, without refund or recourse.
Copyright and Trademark Law
- Do not share your logon passwords and user names. Our system is designed to detect this immediately, and suspend any account where more than one person signs on using the same username and password.
- Do not reprint, republish, repost, or otherwise distribute or transmit content or images presented on this site. Downloading is easy, but just because you may be able to copy our content doesn't mean you own it. Unauthorized use of or copying of our content, trademarks, and other proprietary material can subject you to civil or even criminal liability. Please don't violate our copyright.
- No advertising, trading of goods or services, or other commercial use is allowed except in classified ad forums if available. No bulk e-mail, junk mail or spam, chain letters, or repeat postings of the same message is permitted anywhere on the forums.
- Please use your own name when posting to the discussion forums. Do not impersonate anyone else.
- Treat other subscribers (and site moderators) with courtesy and respect when posting messages to the discussion groups. No unnecessary name calling, abuse, or hostility toward any subscriber (or moderator) is allowed or tolerated.
- Please avoid shouting (using all capital letters) in the discussion forums.
- Do not use vulgarity, obscenity, profanity, ethnic slurs, hate speech, or sexually explicit language, or harass, abuse, or threaten other subscribers or any site moderator in the discussion forums. Do not libel or defame others. This site strongly disapproves flaming. Do not link to any websites via our forums or Movie Gallery which contains vulgar, abusive, obscene, sexually explicit, racist or otherwise hateful images, audio or language. Links will be promptly removed and Movie Gallery listings will be inactivated immediately.
- When you post content in the discussion forums, you permit this site to display and distribute the content, and to use it for advertising and promotion. You grant to this site the complete, perpetual, but non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, sub-license, etc. the content in whole or in part, throughout the world and universe, on a royalty-free basis.
- We reserve the right to periodically raise prices and change or amend member benefits if necessary. In the event of a price increase, anyone who is an active member will have the option of "locking in" their rate prior to the price increase for as long as they remain a member in good standing.
- Please do not post contracts or any type of legal document in on the message boards. We will not advise on contracts or legal matters and those postings will be removed immediately.
- Film Specific is an online resource only. Film Specific does not provide any personalized advisory services to any member, unless they have specifically applied for and been accepted to and rendered payment for our specialized consultancy services. Members of Film Specific are entitled only to the online benefits of the site (which are stipulated under Member Benefits) and no more. Members are NOT entitled to private telephone or e-mail consultations under any circumstances at any time, unless otherwise stipulated as part of a dedicated consulting package (which are sold separately and independently of membership).
We do not try to edit or to monitor messages posted on the discussion forums, but we reserve the right to edit or remove objectionable postings. The person posting a message is solely responsible for it, not this site. Violators may be permanently banned from using the forums, or even have their subscriptions terminated.
By joining Film Specific you agree that you understand Film Specific is an educational resource focused on independent film distribution. Film Specific is NOT a sales agency, distributor, financier, financing resource, ratings or financials reporting or research service, box office collections and reporting service, legal resource, or referral service. In addition, a FIlm Specific membership in no way implies Film Specific will negotiate or advise in any way on the contracts or legal issues of any member.
All editorial content and graphics on this site are protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties and may not be copied or re-used without the express written permission of this site, which reserves all rights .
Limitation of Liability
THIS SITE PROVIDES THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ON THIS WEBSITE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT THIS SITE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT FOUND ON THE THIS SITE FORUMS AND THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE FORUMS AND ANY DOWNLOADING OF MATERIALS FOUND ON OR THROUGHOUT THE THIS SITE FORUMS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER OR DATA THAT RESULTS.
ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THIS SITE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE USE OF PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERROR, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR ITS SERVER WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS SITE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF THIS SITE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN THE EVENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PREVENTS THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SUCH EXCLUSION DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT LIMITED BY LAW. THE PARTIES AGREE TO MUTUALLY INDEMNIFY AND OTHERWISE HOLD EACH OTHER FREE AND HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE OUTSIDE ATTORNEY'S FEES), ARISING OUT OF AND RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH BY THEM,OR ANY CLAIM THAT THEY BREACHED ANY OF THE TERMS, COVENANTS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AGREEMENT.